I was recently nominated by Aldo at Million Dollar Ninja and Kara at The Daily Whisk for the Versatile Blogger award. Thanks guys – I really appreciate you thinking of me! Here’s how the award works: After you’ve been nominated for an award, you share 7 random facts about yourself and then nominate the next recipiets. I enjoy when these awards go around because I love reading everyone’s random facts. On a related note, I received the Liebster Award back in March.
7 random facts about me:
1) I’ve read the Great Gatsby at least four times. Overall I just love that 1920’s era: Jazz, prohibition, art deco and the suffragist movement. Maybe I was born in the wrong generation?
2) While I do enjoy traveling, I also Love staying home and being cozy. Yoga pants, a candle or two and crocheting is my idea of a wonderful afternoon : ) I am just as happy hanging around the house as I would be going out.
3) I’ve tried making homemade bread several times. I love the whole bread-making process and love a homemade treat. However, I can never get the bread to turn out just right. The bread always seemed to never rise enough or it would get too dry. Now I leave it up to our trusty bread machine that we received as a wedding present.
4) I started college as journalism major dreaming of becoming a journalist. I ended up double majoring in accounting and pursued a career in accounting instead. I think personal finance blogging is the perfect intersection of creativity/writing with numbers and finance-related topics.
5) At one point during high school we studied Greek mythology in an English class. We were learning about the ancient greek culture and how men ruled the society and that women didn’t have much significance. I specifically remember thinking, I would never want to date a Greek (mature, right?) As fate would have it, not only did I date a Greek, I ended up marrying that Greek too
6) I’m not naturally a super clean and organized person, but I’m trying really hard to become one. I love it when our house feels clean and organized. I’m constantly working on doing little things like putting away my cloths, doing the dishes and making the bed on a daily basis. Getting these little things done everyday really make our house feel so much calmer. I’ve come to realize that it’s really hard to relax and unwind in a house that feels like chaotic mess.
7) I want to learn how to play the cello. I grew up playing violin so I think I could probably transition those skills and techniques to playing cello. I think the cello has the most beautiful sound. If I had the resources (umm like a cello and probably a teacher) I would love to learn how to play Bach Cello Suite No. 1. It’s one of the most beautiful pieces of music I’ve ever heard.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Ryan @ Impersonal Finance
Autumn @ The Barefoot Budgeter
Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank
Tonya @ Budget and the Beach