This summer my husband and I didn’t have any big summer vacation plans. Instead we decided to make a list of all the things we wanted to do before summer was over. After all, summer flies by doesn’t it? On a general note, most of the activities were frugal. We thought that writing a list would help us make time for fun activities. It actually ended up working really well for us. We made time to do a lot of fun activities that were fairly inexpensive. A few activities that we checked off our list included: get rush tickets and see a play, attend a fireworks show, go to a baseball game (my husband can get free tickets through work), and a few restaurants we wanted to try. We had a ton of fun.
Now that it’s fall, we decided that we want to make another bucket list to enjoy the season. If you are looking for any ideas of fun fall activities, make sure you check out this awesome list of ideas from Laurie over at Frugal Rules. Today, I thought I’d share my frugal fall bucket list with you. Maybe it will inspire you to think about how you want to enjoy the season. Just a warning, many of the items on our fall bucket list involve baking – maybe this should have been a baking bucket list? Pumpkin, apples, and lots of spice. I can’t wait! Anyways, here’s out fall bucket list:
1) Take a nice husband and wife picture outside surrounded by autumn colors. I’ve noticed we don’t take a lot of photos – especially nice ones together. Anyone else struggle with this?
2) Day trip hiking to enjoy the beautiful fall colors
3) Visit an apple orchard
4) Take a road trip to the Black Hills
5) Apple Pie and Apple sauce..Apple butter?
6) Butternut Squash Soup
7) Invite my family over for a bonfire complete with smores
8) Make pumpkin bread
9) Attend the farmers market (I love going to the farmers market, but for some reason we hardly ever go!)
10) Apple Cider