I’m wasting no time in the new year to start saving money. In the first five days of 2015, I’ve found two way to save more than$600! None of my saving strategies are revolutionary. Anyone can use these methods to save money. I will admit that saving money does require some effort. Companies will not volunteer up savings for you. Rather, you have take the time and energy to hunt the deals down yourself! I can tell you that it is totally worth it. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Car Insurance – I will be saving more than $600 on car insurance in 2015. Gather quotes for car insurance has been on my to-do list for several months now. It’s one of those chores that I just hate doing. Such a pain! I finally decided to just do it. I looked into the car and home insurance offered through Costco: Ameriprise. I gave Ameriprise a call and was very pleased with the service and savings. I should be changing everything over next week. Seriously, $600 will be returned to my wallet. Just. Like. That. I’ll be the first to admit that I absolutely hate getting insurance quotes and working with that stuff. But these savings are worth the hassle.
- FitBit – My husband gets all the credit for saving money on this purchase. I purchased him a FitBit for Christmas. Hubby loves gadgets : ) Total price was around $85. Here’s how we saved money on the FitBit: he has a fitness subsidy through his employer and the FitBit qualifies for this program. So he submitted a receipt and his employer will reimburse him for half the purchase price. We’ll save about $40. I was totally impressed that he thought of this. You’re amazing hubby!
Tips for saving money on basically anything
- If you are going to purchase a product, search the product on Google to compare prices
- If you are looking to purchase a service, make sure the get quotes from several professionals
- Always do a Google search for coupon codes before you purchase a product (store coupons and/or product coupons)
- Use Ebates to get cash-back on your online purchases
- Regularly visit coupon blogs like Coupon Mom to help find great deals on groceries, household and personal care products. Don’t bother trying to find good prices and matching coupons on your own.. Coupon Mom has already done all the work!
- Check to see if your employer offers any savings or discounts for it’s employees. Some employers are involved with all sorts of savings programs for its employees. Always know what perks your employer offers.
You must do two things to build wealth: keep your expenses reasonable and earn income. Never stop looking for a way to cut your expenses and save money. Seriously you guys, keep your eyes and ears open. Learning how to save money is all about persistence, creativity and effort. We’ve already saved around $640 in 2015 and I’m really proud of this. Saving money a game at our house. We work as a team and it’s a victory every time we save money. These savings will all go towards our student loans and help us pay off our debt faster,
How will you be saving money this year?
Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net